Saturday, May 1, 2010

Juan is now married!!!

Matthew 19: 4-6-----At the beginning the Creator made them male and female and said, "For this reason a man will leave his father and his mother and be united to his wife and the two will become one flesh. So, they are no longer two but one. Therefore what God has joined together, let man not separate.

I left Chichi at 0500 in time to get to Paxot II to be with Juan and his family. We took a few photos and then traveled to Chuchipaca. It was an interesting ride. Juan, his parents, his brother, his sister and her husband rode with me in the truck. There was also a mini van and another truck following us. We stopped along the way for people we met, stopped to buy gum and snacks and even to buy some diesel.

Juan and his mom.

Juan with his dad.


When we arrived in Chuchipaca, all of the family members went into an area and then the elders from the churches talked with them. As with the other weddings I have been invited to, this is a special time only for family members. When the time was right, Juan sent for me and I took some photos.

We were served coffee and bread as we waited. After about three hours, a decorated bus arrived and we traveled back to Paxot II. I now have Juan and Aury, his parents, his sister and husband with me in a decorated pickup! His younger brother got bumped into the bed of the truck.

When we arrive in Paxot, there is another family time but it is shorter. Guests then presented gifts and spent a few minutes talking with Juan and Aura. We were served lunch and then we took some more photos.

Juan and Aura..............................................this was a special outfit that Juan selected for Aura to wear as she traveled to Paxot. It was a very pretty outfit and I was told that she had not seen it before. They will continue to live with Juan's family.

This is Juan and his new family...........Aura, her parents and her sister. Juan said, "I want a photo of me and my new family!"

We wish them a very happy marriage as they begin their lives together.

No comments: