Friday, May 13, 2011

We have arrived in El Salvador!

Kemmel drove Gaspar and I to Guatemala City this morning and we jumped on a bus to El Salvador.

It was a little over 3 hours drive but it went quikly. When we arrived at the border, they collected our passports and we waited on the bus. I was not excited about being separated from my passport but there was nothing I could do about it. When they returned with it, they had quite a few questions for me and I was not sure why. Apparently, I passed and they let me through. I hope that I do not have any problems returning into Guatemala.

When we arrived in Santa Ana, El Salvador, Gaspar and I jumped off the bus and reclaimed our luggage. I was not exactly sure how we were going to get to Santa Ana once we were off the bus so I had been praying about it.

They let us off at a gas station that appeared to be very quiet. There was not a lot of action going on. On the side of the gas station was one taxi, just one, just sitting there and the driver was reading a book. I thought....that is our answer! So this fine taxi driver drove us to Hotel Tolteka.

We met the group at the hotel and everything is going great! We will leave early in the morning for our first clinic. Please pray for us as we serve. I will be posting lots of photos and attempt to keep you informed.

No comments: