Saturday, May 28, 2011

Diabetic Class in Chuchipaca

We all planned on meeting at that gas station this morning at 0800. When I arrived at Kemmel and Lisa's, I asked where the projector was for class. Kemmel have me a puzzled look and then thought it might be at the office. When we arrived at the office and were looking, it hit me!! "Kemmel, I have made a big mistake! I bet it is behind the water filters at my house!" So, I ran back to the house and then met up with people at the gas station. Sorry, Kemmel!

Some people went to Lemoa for procedure day and three students went with me to Chuchipaca.

This was our last diabetic class and Gaspar again, would translate into K'iche'.

We only had 13 students but there was good participation. We have learned a lot from the classes and today was the same. There are always areas to improve.

This is Haleigh, Zach and Merideth in Chuchipaca after class.

We returned to Chichi after the class and waited for the group to finish their clinic. We went to the internet for awhile and then tried fruit dipped in chocolate. I had black berries in chocolate and it was good.

Then we met everyone at San Juan's for lunch.

It was a good day and tomorrow will be a day of rest...........................

1 comment:

Lisa Rhoden said...

Enjoy reading your posts and keeping up with the work in Gutemaula! Praying for the whole team! Tell my daughter, Elizabeth, hello!