Monday, May 23, 2011

Elmer is healing well...........

This afternoon I went to the Santa Elena Hospital to see how Elmer was doing. He was laying on his stomach and was content. They had taken him to the operating room on Friday evening to clean his burns. His dressings were clean and he looked good. I took him some crayons and some paper to color on.......and some chocolate :)

As I was talking to his mom, another lady came and waited at the foot of the bed. I thought she was part of the family but she was not. She remembered me from when I have worshiped with the Santa Cruz congregation in the afternoon. She asked me to visit her family too.

I said my good-byes to Elmer and his mom and then went next door. These rooms are full during visiting times, which during the week is only 1 hour a day. I tried to gently get to this lady's bed.

This lady introduces me to Antonia, who is her family member. I never heard the exact connection. Anyway, she is needing to go to the city for an exam but does not have the money for it. She thin and jaundice. So, they ask me to pray and we do.

There are so many people in need.....no matter where you turn. The hospitals are full and there are many people who never make it to the hospital. I am so thankful that Elmer's mom was strong enough to let us take them to the hospital on Saturday.

Let's continue to pray for those in need.

Tomorrow, the MET Students will be here! All of us will meet in Paxot II after clinic and then take them to their Mayan homes!!

No comments: