Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Clinic in Mactzul I

Today is Mother's Day here in Guatemala and celebration started early!

The celebration woke me at 0430! First, the firecrackers went off, then the chickens squawked and the cows mooed! Then there was singing from the microphones and the dogs howled!! Then the process was repeated.............firecrackers, chickens, cows, singing and then the dogs! This cycle went on forever!! Then it was time to get up and start the day.

The guys and I had clinic in Mactzul I. Because of all the celebration, we did not think we would have many patients but we did end up with seven.

The big news is that Mactzul I is adding on to their cooking area. They asked me to take photos so I will share them with you.

This man sifts, one box at a time, the sand from the stones. The stones are placed in the brown bags and the sand is mixed with other stuff to cover the sides of the building.

This guy is mixing the sand, white powder stuff and water by hand. They do not have many mixers here.

Here, they have covered the sides of the building with this cement stuff. I know, I do not know the technical names but I am sure you are getting the idea.

Behind the building, the guys are working hard.

This is inside on one side of the building.

So anyway, that is the exciting news of Mactzul I.

Tomorrow, we go to Chuguexa for clinic. I hope we have a lot of patients.

I am also packing and getting ready for El Salvador. Gaspar and I will be leaving on Friday to meet a group down there. We will be helping with some new clinics down there and will be returning on the 18th. I will share stories and photos as I am able. Please pray for the safe travels, that we will have good clinics and that people will be interested in hearing the gospel of Christ.

No comments: