Monday, May 2, 2011

Monday in Chichi

Today was a day to catch up on things at home. Somehow, the days never seem as long when you have a list of things you want to accomplish.

I went to visit Ruben when he arrived in Clinica Caris. I remember Ruben from 2006, when I met him one afternoon. It was good to see him again and it will be enjoyable working with him.

Yes, it was a sunny afternoon in front of the clinic. Here are Tomas, Marcos, Josefina, Martina, Maury and Ruben.

Josefina has an opportunity to study ophthalmology the city. Ever since I have known Josefina, she has talked about wanting to study this. This is an exciting time but one that also brings a lot of change for her. It is a transition phase for all of us. It will be good as we all push ahead to serve.

We had 3/4 inches for rain last night and we really need it. There has been a lot of fires in the surrounding areas due to the dryness.

Tomorrow, we will have clinic in Xepocol. I will leave early since I have heard one of the roads is closed and I will meet the guys there. I hope that we have a very busy clinic!

No comments: