Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Clinic in Xepocol

Last night Gaspar called and told me that part of a road was closed and that I would need to take the long way around to Xepocol. No....no problem!!

I stopped to take photos of the river. For those of you who were here during Agatha, you will not recognize it. This is the river at the fork where we drive to go to Paxot II, Juan's community.

This is a photo of down stream.

We are hoping for rain. Some of the people have planted a little corn already but it is so dry. Almost every day as I drive to clinics, I see fires in the distance.

We only had four patients in Xepocol today.

The highlight of the day for me was the family of Sandra, one of my ABC children brought us a wonderful lunch! It was fried chicken, rice, salad and tamalitos. It was a huge plate and I had a difficult time eating it all.

Sandra was not with them since she was in school. I teased them about "my child" better be is school. They just laugh and giggled. Two of the sisters were sick so we saw them in consult.

They told me that today was Sandra's 15th birthday and that is a special birthday here in Guatemala. They will bring her to Chichi on Saturday afternoon and we will have ice cream. I am looking forward to that.

If any one would like information on how to have an ABC Child, please let us know. You have the opportunity to help a child and share a part of their life.

No comments: