Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Clinic in El Reugio, El Salvador

This morning things were a little hurried but everything was accomplished. We went to two different places for clinic. The group I was with, went to El Refugio and we had clinic in a home where they also have their worship service.

Rick and Gaspar are setting up the pharmacy area.

Our group was small but we functioned well. Rick and Gaspar took care of the medicine. Raquel took admitted the patients as they arrived. Dr Jenny and I saw patients and helped with labs or other things that needed to be done.

The other group was about 10-15 minutes away so if we had patients that specifically needed a dermatologist, Rick drove them in the van to see Dr. Allen.

Raquel seeing some more patients when they arrived.

The people were just hanging around for the fun. I think it was their home or the home of family.

This guy had this t-shirt on and I love it!

I did not get many photos today. I was just busy doing other things and that is ok. Our clinic saw 36 patients! We stayed busy and I think everyone enjoyed it.

After clinic, we drove to San Salvador. We had a wonderful dinner together and then it was time to go to our rooms. The group returning to the states has a very, very early flight. Gaspar and I have a shuttle to meet our bus at 0600. It has been a great trip and I think that Gaspar has also enjoyed it. But when it is time to get back, it is time to get back.

No comments: