Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Back to Guatemala........inch by inch

Rebecca left the room very early this morning to catch her flight with the others. As always, we pray for their safety on the road and as they fly.

Gaspar and I had a shuttle for 0600 and the driver was very prompt. We checked in at the Sheraton Presedente Hotel. They checked my passport once there and I was cleared without any problem.......whew!

When we entered the bus, there were no seats together so we had so sit seperate. I thought Gaspar would rater sit next to a gentleman than 3 ladies so he sat near the middle and I was in the front seat. I remember Kemmel warning me about this seat but it was all that was left. Later, Gaspar told me he had wanted to sit in the front. I felt bad that I made the wrong decision :(

As we approached the border, they came and checked our passports for the second time!

We stopped just in front of the Guatemalan sign......and the came for our passports again. At this time I continuing to pray there were no problems. Then slowly, slowly, the bus started moving. I just wanted to get past that sign!

Finally..................yes!!! We were back in Guate and I had my passport back in my hand!

Kemmel picked us up at the hotel. He had Manuel and Ruben with him. We made our way back to Chichi and it was good...........gracias a dios!!

No comments: