Saturday, May 7, 2011

Two exciting clinics

We have had two very busy days and that is the way we like them!

Yesterday, the guys and I went to Choacaman IV and we had 13 patients. We did not see anything different but it was good to have this many patients there.

When we were finished, we went to Lemoa and loaded the dental cleaning equipment.

On Saturday, Ruben went to Chuchipaca with us. We had patients waiting and the porch was almost full!

We had several patients who were returning after the diabetic classes. I was pleased with the progress they have made. One lady's blood sugar originally was over 400 and today she was 96. How about that??

We had three pregnant ladies. This is Ruben as he is using the new Doppler that we now have. I asked this patient if it was ok that I took her photo. She welcomed it so I will take her a copy next month.

This is the nursing student that has been translating for us. Here, she is with a child of one of the patients.

We all had a safe return to Chichi and then we went our separate ways until Tuesday. Ruben meet Tomas and he will spend the weekend with his family. I put more diesel in the truck for Juan. Tomorrow, he will be meeting some people from Xepol and Chutzurob and they will go meet with a congregation about a new clinic. Gaspar headed to Xepocol and I am sure he will have a busy weekend.

I talked to a man about starting some diabetic education in an area that has a lot of diabetics. So, we have some new plans that might develop into exciting things.

No comments: