Monday, February 21, 2011

Returning to Chichi and hospital visits

This morning I returned to Chichi. I wanted to stop and get a cup of coffee for the road but the place I wanted to stop was not open yet.

When I walked down the street to my house, I heard my name being called. They were having a birthday party and wanted me to come in and have a piece of cake. The little girl in the middle, it is her 9th birthday.

She wanted another photo taken with her friends.

I will get these photos copied and take them to her.

I went to Quiche to visit Josefina's mom. I went to the wrong hospital and then realized it when I was trying to find which room she was in. I then did not have a lot of time to walk, so I took a tuk tuk to the other hospital.

She was alone so I sat with her until Josefina and Marcos arrived. We talked about her surgery being tomorrow and that being nervous is normal and part of the process. Please pray for her and the medical staff. The visitation is only one hour, so I left so she would have time with her children.

On my way out, I met some of the people from the Mactzul I church They were coming in to visit the gentleman that we saw in clinic in February 15th. He was the patient that was in the back of the pick-up and had been sick for 20 days. I said I would tag along for a few minutes and visit the family.

The patient looked so much better and it was determined that he did have a bad kidney infection. The family said the physicians want him to have a another ultrasound and that he may be able to go home in a week. They asked that we pray, so we knelt by his bed and prayed.

Tomorrow, we will have class in Lemoa. It will be a good day and one full of information.

No comments: