Saturday, February 26, 2011

Clinic in Chuchipaca

We had a great clinic today in Chuchipaca. We had 15 medical patients, 22 dental patients and 4 patients for dental cleaning.

Today, Juan drove to clinic and I have to brag a little on him. There is one turn that in the past, I knew made him nervous. He would put the emergency brake on and slowly release it as he made the turn. Today, he just made the turn as if he had been doing it for years! Without using the emergency brake! He has gained a lot of confidence in his driving and I no longer feel like a nervous mother :)

We announced the new diabetic class that we will have on March 26th. Usually, there are several diabetics in Chuchipaca but as the luck usually goes, today there was only one diabetic patient. That is OK. We still have one more day to announce it and I think we will have a good response to it.

There were two sisters that came today and they both have a history of seizures. Lisa saw them 15 days ago. One, I remember is 29 years old and the other is about 24 years old. They were started on some medicine and since then, neither one has had any seizures. Juan, from the congregation there talked to the mother about the Bible and invited them to worship on Sunday. You never know what might come from opportunities as this.

Another patient was sure that she was four months pregnant. When I tested her, it was negative. When I returned, she was filling Juan in on another story, which totally changed the situation. The moral of that story is, it is always OK to ask the same questions four times just to see if you get the same response each time :)

Tomorrow, Lisa and Kemmel will return with the Pepperdine group. They will be with us for one week. We will have busy clinics and we will also be delivering more water filters in different communities.

Tomorrow, I also begin a K'iche' class.........................I hope that my teacher has a lot of patience.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the K'iche class!! I'm still stuggling mucho with espanol!
Love you,
Karen