Friday, February 25, 2011

Clinic in Choacaman IV

Today, the guys and I headed for Choacaman IV. It has been awhile since I was out there so it was good return.

We only had 7 patients so it was a slow day. I took this photo about 20 months ago. This is a very nice couple from Choacaman and this was the day they found out they were pregnant.

Today, the mom returned to the clinic with Joel and he is now eleven months old.

After all of the patients were seen, we went to the fields to do a little tree grafting. Here, Gaspar is grafting a plum branch into a small peach truck.

He then wrapped black plastic around the graft and tied it secure. He used candle drippings to seal the top of the graft closed. He showed me one that he had done 15 days ago and it already has a green bud on it.

When we returned, I walked up to Chichi to print some photos.

Tomorrow, we will have clinic in Chuchipaca. I will talk to the diabetic patients about a class that will be offered in March. Hopefully, we will have a good response to it.

No comments: