Monday, June 30, 2008

Day in Antigua

Sunday morning after worship, I hopped a bus to Antigua. I will be going home at the end of July and it was the only time I had to go and make reservations. I took a small bag to Mary's house and left it with her. Having it already in Antigua will make traveling easier.

I spent the night at my usual place, The Burkhard Hotel. It is not fancy but it is clean, safe and warm. I could not ask for more...........as Edwin McCain once sang :)

The following photo is of The Arch in Antigua. On Sundays it is closed to cars for the tourists.

This photo was taken inside of LaMerced Cathedral. I have often wished these walls could tell the history and some of the events that took place before the earthquakes.

So, I am set with reservations in July with a hotel and a shuttle to the airport at 0400.....I will be asleep on the plane before the door is properly secured.

I had to buy a hair dryer today......not an easy task to do here. The lady that cuts my hair told me of a store that might have them. The store was closed but no one sounded hopefully that another store would have them. I was not sure what I was going to do and then the store owner returned and reopened the store so I could make the purchase :)




No comments: