Monday, June 23, 2008

Day in Panajachel

I met Hector this afternoon at Solomon's Porch. I thought he had the lab work of the children but he told me that we needed to go to their homes to get it. We had a good time driving to their homes and seeing them.

Hector's first language is Cakchiquel and Spanish is his second. We compared some words in K'iche and Cakchiquel. He said the language is spoken different between areas, as also is K'iche'. For me, this makes learning it even more difficult.

We stopped by Diego's house first and then Edisons. Both of the boys looked very good, have gained weight and seem very healthy. I think they are ready for surgery in August.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sherri! Hey, I just finally got the opportunity to read up on your blog and see what everyone had been up to. It was great to catch up. I hope everyone is doing just extremely well and you have enjoyed your time with the other group so much. Please tell Aura that I am praying for her grandmother daily and haven´t stopped since I found out that she had been sick. I hope that the medicine will help her, too. Hope that you might get to come to Antigua to see everyone, but if not I will definitely be coming to the Jornada here in a little bit. Miss you all up there. Please tell everyone hey!