Monday, June 2, 2008

A quick run to Antigua

Yesterday morning I headed to Antigua after worship. I went home and grabbed my back pack and hopped on a bus. The students had called and they were on their way to the market in Chichi.

One of the students in his blog had mentioned how cold it has been and he felt he was back in the Appalachian Mountains. I really felt I was back in Alaska with the cold rain and mist. I really believed it when I saw the Guatemalans with gloves on! There were three ayudantes on the bus for added security and every few minutes one would hang out the door and throw a bowl of water on the windshield so the driver could see........or at least think he could see :)

I went to visit Mary that lives in Antigua. She is doing better and is up to walking 6 blocks now. She is the lady that fell 10 feet off a wall in Panajachel and was in bed for several weeks. After I visited with her, I went for dinner to a place that has a really good salad bar. It was one of those cravings you just get once and a while.

The heavy rain in Antigua woke me up early this morning and I am so thankful I packed a rain jacket. I usually pack real light when traveling on the bus but I threw in a sweatshirt and the jacket..........sorry, I don't have any photos or student stories to share. Tonight, it is just boring me........I did go and make some photos of the students the day they arrived and will share those tomorrow morning with them and their families.

Tomorrow is a day of education......low key. We will be preparing for their next exam. OK, time to study K'iche'.

1 comment:

jmhuva said...

Sheri:

Thanks for the time you put into the blog. I know you all work long hours and it takes some effort. We've been watching the weather, and it looks like you all got a big storm for the last few days... hope all is well and you all dry out soon!

John Hall