Sunday, June 8, 2008

Day of Catch Up

Today was a day to get caught up on things. I went early this morning to the clinic to do laundry. I was excited to see blue in the skies and not heavy rains. While I did laundry, I also unloaded and cleaned the truck and studied some K'iche'. Before too long, the children in the neighborhood spotted me and my day of peacefulness had come to an end :) Then the rains began.........but at least I had clean/ damp laundry.

I got photos made for Aaron to share with the family he has lived with. I hope he does not mind me sharing two of these. The photo below is the typical Guatemalan photo. Usually, even when people ask for their photo to be taken, as soon as the camera is pointed the smiles and laughing abruptly stop. I am not sure what happens mentally, other than thinking, "Why should I smile at that box?" This is a photo of Aaron, Manuel and Juana.....the family he lived with while he was in the highlands.

Now.......Aaron brings out the best in Juana! He had told me that he had been practicing karate moves with her...............and I have never seen this grin before! Way to go Aaron!
Home to clean a little and then walk to worship.........we did not have any electricity for several hours but finally it returned.

In the morning I will go to the clinic to drop these photos off and then I will drive to The City and meet Kemmel at the office. We will get my passport and then meet the Sizemores at the airport. They will return with me to Chichi and help with our clinics for the next few weeks. I look forward to meeting them..............more later.


No comments: