Sunday, June 22, 2008

Afternoon in Panajachel

This morning I went to Aura´s home and delivered the medicine that I found for her grandmother. She wanted me to explain it to her aunt so we walked over to their home. Aura translated for me into Kíche´and I felt they understood. They asked me to see her grandmother so I went into her room. It was a dark room with three beds. She seemed very peaceful as she turned over and said hello to me. I remember her coming to our clinics many times with cough and discomfort. I held her hand and told her that my prayers continued for her.

It was a difficult drive home (I am not usually an emotional person). As I held her hand I remembered my grandmother and not being there when she died. My parents and I talked about it and we knew grandma would not want me to cancel clinics to return to The States. She was very happy with the work being done by Health Talents and that I was part of it.....and that is all there is to say. My grandmother lived over 90 years and is now with The Lord.

Tomorrow, I will look at the lab work of two children here in Panajachel and see if they are good surgical canadates. It took me awhile to find Solomon´s Porch where I will meet Hector. Three people led me in different directions. If their lab work is good, they will have surgery in August in Clinica Ezell in Montellano.

Please continue to remember the Sizemore family......their flight yesterday was delayed until today. Hopefully, they will arrive home tonight.

No comments: