Monday, June 21, 2010

Excitement in Antigua!

Sunday morning I worshiped with the congregation in Antigua. As I was walking back to the hotel to check out, I had this strong drive to spend one more night. I called Kemmel to make sure it was alright and it was!

I sat on the porch of my room and studied for 4 hours without getting up. The time passed quickly...................................and then there was a shaking!!! There were some people who were outside taking photos but the earthquake did not seem to bother them. I noticed that Volcano Fuego was puffing and I had not seen it earlier. So, to the left of the trees is the smoke from Fuego but you can not see the volcano. The volcano to the right is Acatenango.

Another photo a few minutes later.

The people out on the porch did not feel the earthquake. It registered 6.1 but it was a ahort one.

I will return to Chichi early in the morning............................and repack for one more week in Paxot II.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh, sheri!!!!!!!!!!

Mom said...

Save one of those shakes for me!!!!!!