Friday, June 25, 2010

Can you match my other diagnosis???

This morning I drove back to Paxot for clinic. I stopped in town to pick up Martina and Maury. I did not know that they wanted to give four other ladies a ride for about 30 minutes. The ladies were going to visit another member of the church, which I think is great. Sometimes, I just don't know how we are going to fit everyone in the truck but I really do not have an option. They just laugh, talk faster in K'iche' and continue to crawl in.

When we reached Gaspar, he looked inside and chuckled. He said, "I guess I will ride outside." He jumped on top of the medicine with the book he was reading and held on!

We had 12 medical patients and 8 dental patients.

Two of the patients had already been to different clinics or had tried different medicine but did tell me until we were almost done........................that is what I call an, "Oh, by the way..................."
One lady had an eye infection and apparently has had it for quite awhile. I wrote for some antibiotic eye drops and asked her to come back on July 10th, when we will be in Paxot for another clinic. We were getting ready to pray and finish our time together and then she asked if these drops would be any better than the other drops she was suppose to be using.

OK, either I missed something during the consult or she was giving me new information. New info...............she had bought some drops at a pharmacy and she had also been so an eye doctor in January. I asked her about the drops but she did not know what they were. She had her son run to the house to get them........................as we waited she gave us more of the story.

The son returned with a full bottle of the same eye drops I had wrote for her to have. She had used them only one time but she did not like the way it made her eye feel. She has decided that she wants to have surgery instead of using the eye drops. We talked for about another 10 minutes and then she let me show her how to use them. She was not impressed since her heart is wanting surgery.

When we finished, she went to talk to Gaspar to see if there were any injections she could get. He continued to tell her how good the medicine was and encouraged her to use them. Maybe she will return in July to let us know she is better.

This young boy was the highlight of the day...........................full of energy!!

We will return to Paxot in July for a clinic with a big group. It will be an exciting day!

No comments: