Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Clinic Wednesday in Ezell

carToday was a busy day and it was a good one. I was scheduled to work 9A-5P in the recovery area. Because of everyone's willingness to do what ever needed to be done, I was able to translate for tomorrows surgical cases.

This is Jennifer and Eileen with Wendy after her surgery. This is Jennifer's and Eileen's first time down and they are from Texas.


This is DeVona with a mom after her child came out of the OR to the Recovery area. The mother was so excited to see her daughter as all mothers are.

This is DeVona and her daughter..............if you want to see a photo of Grace, ask them and see which one can whip it out quicker!! They reminded me of how my mom and I joke around and it made me miss my mom :)

This is Norman in action! He worked in the OR during the week. He is from Mississippi and this is his first time on an HTI trip.

I showed you a photo of Sharon's painting the other day so you can see the progress she has made. She will have it finished by the time the group leaves but I will not have an opportunity to show you the finished work.

Without these guys, our we would not be able to have the clinic. Well, we could have it but we would have a high infection rate. They work behind the scenes in the sterilization room..........Adam, Jesse and Steve. They are usually joking around but they gave me their best "guatemalan look" for the camera.

This is Misty from the OR. She brought her son last year with her but this year she had to travel alone since her son was on another mission trip.

Tonight, Gary talked about the different levels of HTI. He talked about the medical mobile clinics, evangelism within the local churches with the men and ladies seminars, the MET program which is going on right now, the ABC Program that helps families keep their children in school and different scholarship programs. There are so many activities that do on through the year and they are all for the purpose of bringing glory to our Lord.

These are two ladies that will have surgery tomorrow. It is our goal to help patients not only physically but also help them develop a closer relationship with God.

I will return to Chichi tomorrow. Victor will be here at 10 am and we should arrive by 2pm............then it will be on to different adventures!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sherri: You RULE! I love your blog so much! I am up late to check it out so I can show it to our real estate sales team tomorrow. My broker (ie father-in-law) told everyone what I was doing last week in Guatemala and everyone has been very interested in hearing my stories. Thank you so much for all that you are doing and for helping me and my Mom Devona make a difference there. This has truly changed my life and I will think and pray for you every day! Please stay in touch..Grace already knows your name! I can't wait to see you again...

With great love and admiration, Your Friend,
Amy Harvey (AZ)

Mom said...

I miss you too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Just 15 days to go and we'll have a great time!!!! I love you!!!!!!

Barbara Jones said...

Sherri, I loved meeting you and being part of the team in June. I am coming back in Sept, and any other time you need another nurse. God will continue to bless you and all that you do.
Barbara Jones(GA)