Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Wonderful day in Mactzul VI




Well, it was one of those wonderful days that you just sigh and say,"Thank you." No special reason......just a wonderful day.

Before I reached Chichi today, Kemmel called and told me that we may have problems with a bridge going to Mactzul VI so we should meet the men at the school. The thought was maybe they would consider having the clinic in the school because we have added a lot of equipment to our truck for the dental cleaning. The men did not want to hold the clinic in the school and told me I could cross the bridge. It was one of those moments of trust. I could not see the other side of the bridge due to piles of dirt and rocks. Gaspar drew a diagram on hand and told me to drive like that.....after we crossed it, the guys applauded and I whispered, "Gracias a Dios".

Gaspar started cleaning teeth today in the clinic and it was very exciting for him.....and I enjoyed it too. I love to see people grow and develop and you can tell he really enjoys doing it. I would pop in between medical patients and we would ask each other how we were doing. It will be a great service to the communities and we can be more proactive with preventive care.

The girl in the pink blouse helped me drive home. She had to sit in the front with Gaspar and I. I could tell she was bored so I asked her if she wanted to help me drive.......her little hand never left the steering wheel during the drive home.

We had our last Kiche' class tonight. I have not been able to attend all of them but have enjoyed it. Hopefully, Bill will offer to help us again in the future.

Tomorrow we have clinic in Caris and hopefully I will get a photo of Marcos. I will introduce you to our new dentist!







No comments: