Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Rain in November???


We had clinic yesterday in Chimente and had a good response with 22 patients. We still have not had a big turn-out yet from people wanting their teeth cleaned.....but it is still a new concept to them and in time they will have a better understanding.

The rain started again last night when I was having dinner with the Luz family. I thought I heard rain but thought it was my imagination. Mrs. Lux confirmed it was rain and we just shrugged our shoulders and gave each other a quizzical look. The rain continued through the night and even through most of the today.

Clinic today was in Chuchipaca. It was the last clinic this year for them and we will resume in 2008 on Saturdays.

Today a lady returned to the clinic that was seen last month. She originally came with multiple problems but we listened to her lungs, we found a mass under her arm. Dr. Hoak is a surgeon in Chichi that we refer to and she went to see him the next day. The lady did not understand the cost of the surgery so she did not return on the day she was suppose to. Today I spoke to Dr. Hoak and now the lady knows to return to the hospital and he will help her. The mass is large and does not look good. All we can do is pray for her and if when I hear something, I will pass it on.

This family was so excited to have their photo taken.......until they sat down......and then the smiles and laughter vanished! In the second photo, the children wanted to help me........who knows, maybe someday they will work in a clinic!?!?



No comments: