Saturday, November 10, 2007

Free day in Panajachal




Yesterday, we had a free day so I left early on Friday morning for Pana just to chill for the night. I got a room and then headed to Hotel Atitlan where there is a nature reserve. I spent a couple of hours walking around and the weather was perfect for it. It is much warmer in Pana than it is in Santa Cruz so I enjoyed the sunshine.

There are groomed trails to enjoy with swinging bridges, spider monkeys, coatimundi and waterfalls. There are also areas for butterflies and birds.

You can even hear couples arguing when the animals get to close for their comfort. One couple and their child were above me when I was near the coatimundi. Six or seven entered the observation area and it was making the wife nervous. The husband was telling his wife what to do and she did not appreciate it. She yelled back at him, "Don't you yell at me, there have been signs saying not to feed the animals.......now look what you have started!" I just smiled and took more pictures :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures Sheri!