Thursday, November 8, 2007

Clinic in Lemoa

Today we had clinic in Lemoa at Clinica Caris. We had 11 patients with happy moments and also some with concern.

The photo above is of 4 generations. The gentleman is the father of the little boy. His mother and his grandmother are to his left. The grandmother wanted glasses and I wish I had a photo of her trying on and then enjoying her new glasses. She just grinned and continued to grin more as she said, "Utz, Utz" which means "good" in K'iche'. Sometimes, you are not sure why they smile or laugh so much.....I just had to go by what she said that her vision was better.

One couple came to the clinic today and were afraid that the wife was pregnant. She tested positive and the problem was she had been bleeding for 8 days. I quickly consulted Lisa and she advised that they go to the hospital immediately. We prayed together and then they were on their way to the hospital in Santa Cruz. Please remember this family in your prayers.

I have found a new Spanish teacher and will begin to study on Sunday mornings after our English class. The teachers name is Francisca and she seems to be very sharp. I am going to help her develop patience because I am not the easiest student :)

No comments: