Sunday, November 11, 2007

Full day in Santa Cruz.......

I don't have any photos to share from today but it was a full day. I met the English class at the clinic. I introduced the guys to BINGO in hopes of helping them learn their numbers better. After I would announce the number, I would hear them repeating it in Spanish and K'iche'. I would repeat it in hopes of them repeating me..........well, I continued to hope and continued to hope.

On the way home from our class, I was stopped by the police. Thanks to Kemmel, I was prepared! Last week we reviewed where all of the papers were and what they might ask for. I gave them my International License, they looked at everything, smiled, gave it back and said goodbye......whew!

After the English class I went to my Spanish class. I thought we were going to study for two hours but she abruptly ended it after one hour. I must have been boring because she yawned and yawned.......We will study again on Thursday. I will have so much information prepared for her she will yawn when we are finished!

Tonight I went to church with Josefina's parents. It was a good sermon on being a servant. I enjoyed it and then walked home. Some of the other members joined me for my walk home to make sure I was safe.

That is all the news I have from today.......just remember to carry your driver's license and be sure your car's inspection is current :)

No comments: