Sunday, November 25, 2007

A full but wonderful day.........


This morning I had 5 new students in the English class. They ranged from ages 6 to 12 so I had to change my plans for the class and my teaching technique. They were very excited to learn and I did not have to prompt them as much as I do the adults. I invented some exercises for them to do out of their seats to help them with numbers and we had a good class.

I went with the Lux's to a baptism this afternoon. I met them at their house and we drove to a park that has a couple of pools. It was good to see some of the people that helped us establish some of our clinics.

In the first photo, the man on the left is Martin who helped us in La Estancia. The man in the middle is Josefina's dad, Diego. The man on the right is Enrique, who helped us in Panajxit.

The second photo is of of the baptism. It was a very inspirational time and then Diego talked for a little about the story of Lazarus and the rich man (Luke 16). I have to admit, I did not understand most of it because most of it was in K'iche'.

We drove back to Santa Cruz and worshiped with the Church here for two and a half hours.....the days are sometimes long but filled with important things.



No comments: