Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Tuesday in Montellano

When I went to the recovery area, things were good this morning.  The patients were doing well, the nurses were busy but not crazy and there were several patients waiting for their surgery today.

This is Jodi and she is sitting with a young boy who had surgery yesterday.  Jodi will be returning to Chichi with me and doing clinics for two days.  I am looking forward to her meeting Lisa and Kemmel and also having the opportunity to meeting her ABC child that lives in Mactzul II.

Then, it was time for Jaime's surgery.  I heard that they had taken him back to the OR, so I went to get his parents.  His mom and I went out to the gate to find his dad.  We sat in front of the OR and prayed.  His mom, Anna, put her arm around her husband's arm and promptly fell asleep!  She was exhausted!

After about two hours, Jaime was ready to come out to his parents!  The doctors placed Jaime in Anna's arms.

Anna and Jesus talked about how great Jaime looked.  They were so pleased!

Later in the evening, Anna, Jesus and Jaime were sitting outside on the porch.

This is Lesli, working with a patient fresh out of the Operating room.  Lesli has been down a few times and enjoy having her with us!

Will you share your popsicle with me?  We had made some popcicles for the patients and Karen wanted a bite.  I am not sure that the little girl wanted to share.  Karen, if you come back next year, I will buy you a whole box of them!!

What a good day it was.  Everyone did well and the patients are healing.  We are so thankful and always want to remember to give God the glory!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks, Sheri, for my moment of fame! It was wonderful to see you again! Thank you for all you do for us who visit and thank you especially for everything you do for those who live there.
Dios te Bendiga,
Karen
aka the popcicle bandit