Saturday, August 17, 2013

Clinic in Chuchipaca

Today, Manuel, Cecy and I had clinic in Chuchipaca.  We had several patients and we stayed busy.

You have heard me say, that I have learned not to ask what color are different bodily fluids.  Well, there are sometimes that I still feel I need to ask but they are not as often as they use to be.  Cecy was helping me translate into K'iche', when a lady offered to show Cecy her sputum.  The look on Cecy's face was, "Did she just do what I think she did?  Surely not!!"

Cecy and I had another interesting moment.  We were going though the consult and we heard some loud voices outside.  Soon, there was a shouting match going on and I recognized the voices.  We completed the consult and we went outside.

One of our regular patients had been fighting with her mom.  It had caused quiet a scene and people were laughing.  This lady began crying and I took her into the room to get her away from the ridicule.  She has several problems and her husband has been hitting her again.  Cecy and I talked to her for a long time and then we prayed.  What a sad situation........................

When we finished in Chuchipaca, I went to Patzibal to see another patient.  I was told that there was a young lady who had had a stroke.  One of the men from the congregation met me and we drove up the hill.  Then we walked down a mountain, through several cornfields, through a house, through some more corn fields and finally, finally reached the house. 

The lady was very sink but I do not think she had a stroke.  I will return tomorrow and take her some more medicine that might help. 

Tomorrow, I will worship in Santa Cruz, visit a friend and then work on a few things.

No comments: