Saturday, August 24, 2013

Clinic in Chicua

This morning, Ceci and I headed out for Chicua.  We had a small clinic of only seven patients. 

The disappointment of the morning was when our favorite diabetic patient had a blood sugar of 517.  I was so sad that I almost cried.  She is the lady that I took to the hospital a few months ago.  When she comes to clinic, she is somewhat controlled but then she slacks off...........and then she soars!!

The good part of the day was seeing Alicia and how well she has done during her pregnancy. I think they will have their new addition soon.

About five minutes after Ceci jumped out of the truck, the traffic stopped.  I mean, it just stopped!!  A trailer had tipped over and dropped all of its cement blocks on the highway.  I wanted to go and get a photo but did not want to leave the truck unattended.

They told us that the road would not open for three hours.........agggghhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So, I sat there and thought of what I could do.  I could sit.......and sit........and sit.   Nope.
Or, I could return to Los Encuentros for lunch but that would not take much time at all.  Nope.
So, I remembered a place in Panajachel that Lisa and Kemmel have told me about that grills BBQ on Saturday night.  Yep.

I turned the truck around.........and off I went. The rain and heavy fog set in but I just took my time and cranked up the marimba music!

I ordered ribs and when they handed me these plates, I was speechless!  Just so you know, it was 75 Q, not including the Diet Coke.............so, I know many of you will be wanting to visit Panajachel with us!

I would not be surprised if I find myself on the road to Panajachel, on a Saturday afternoon, in the near future!

No comments: