Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Clinic in Mactzul VI

Sandra, Maria, Ceci and I met Manuel out in Mactzul VI this morning. We did not have a lot of patients due to problems with their loudspeaker.

I had planned on visiting a lady in Patzibal and then was asked to visit another lady in Mactzul VI.   We responded, "Sure!!!"

Maria, Ceci and I headed to see a lady that always comes to clinic.  She had fallen and could not walk to clinic. She has bad circulation to her legs and has had problems with sores.  Today, her legs looked much better and I was pleased.

Then we headed to Patzibal to visit the lady who fell a little more than a month ago.  As were were driving, I told Ceci and Maria that we needed to paint the Suk white and put a red cross on it for our home visits!  Kemmel, when you read this, you will know the new plans for the suk.  You know I enjoy home visits, so it makes perfect sense :)

When I made it back to Chichi, I walked up to town to see Maury.  This was the problem in the street.  The streets of Chichi are not very big but some people refuse to admit it.  This trailer was trying to make a right hand turn to head to Santa Cruz.  


It took him at least10 minutes to get this far and then he was stuck!!!!   Duh!  So, as you can see, they are bringing in a tractor to help him out.

It was becoming very interesting, so I bought some grilled corn on the corner and pulled up a brick with the others!

They attached heavy chains, multiple times in hopes of pulling the back of the trailer around.  The chains kept snapping off but finally they succeeded. 


As soon as the action died down, I finished walking home.  I made it in time before the rain started.

It was a good day!  Tomorrow, we will have a diabetic class in Chichi.


1 comment:

Mom said...

Hey Sheri, you know that bottle of red nail polish that I sent back with you? Use that to paint a BIG red cross on the truck and surprise Kemmel !!!!!!!!