Sunday, August 4, 2013

Let the surguries begin!!

This morning, I arrived in Montellano before worship.  I walked across the street and visited with the parents of Jaime and Bryan.

It was so good to see everyone and enjoy our time of worship together.  Carlos had a great lesson on continuing to accomplish things when we are not successful.  He had many stories of people who had failed after multiple attempts but did not give up. They finally succeeded! It is a great lesson for us to remember.

Rick told me there was a surprise in my room.  When I took my suitcase in, they had arranged several bottles of Dr. Pepper for me.  What a surprise it was.......thank you, Rick and EVERYONE that contributed!  They are something that I will savor on the porch on warm afternoons.

When I went back outside, Bryan's parents told me how sick he has been for seven days!  He has had fever and diarrhea.  Carrie, a CNRA, took his temperature and it was a 102.  We gave him medicine and decided it was better to wait until February 2014 for his surgery.  How sad but the risk is just to high when a baby is that sick.

This is Jason, Sophie his daughter and Kathleen his mom.  Jason and Kathleen have been coming down for several years and they translate.  Sophie, worked with the patients and she did a great job!

Even though it was just a half day of surgeries, it was a packed schedule.  Things went well and then we finished the day with a short devotional. 

Please continue to pray for the patients, the doctors, nurses and all of the support staff.  Everyone's role is so vital in the ministry. 

No comments: