Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Clinic in Chuguexa

We had clinic today in Chuguexa.  It was a busy clinic with 22 patients.  This was one of the sweet mothers and baby that were at clinic today.

We had our usual diabetics.  Some of them were really controlled and others.........well, we talked again about how to improve.  We will see what happens when they return in September.

There was one lady that I was very concerned with.  She told me that she has been having some pain in her breast for four months.  When I examined her, I found her breast to be very hard, filled with a mass.  After she dressed, I asked one of the ladies of the church to help me talk with her.  When we returned, I learned more of the story, which I did not get earlier.  She had already been to the health department and to a national hospital and was told that she has cancer.  How sad..........she is just looking for some hope.

She has an appointment with a national hospital in Guatemala City but is too afraid to go.  We talked about it and will see what will happen.  Please pray for Anastacia as she needs our prayers.

I heard from Cecy tonight and she passed the first part of her exams to enter nursing school.  I am so excited for her!  She will be a great nurse and I hope that some day, she will be working with Health Talents!

No comments: