Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Ask, "What can I do?"

Today, in Mactzul II, was a day of hope.

In July, we had a group of people here and we had a clinic in Mactzul.  That day, we met a 13 year-old girl named Irma. She wanted a Bible so I told her that I would bring her one.  She said that she likes to read but does not understand a lot of what she reads. Her parents are costumbre, not Christians.

Today, I reconnected with Irma and I took her a Bible. She was so excited!  She continued to look through it as we talked with her mom. Today, Tomas sat with me through the consult.  He is an elder at the church in Mactzul II and talked to Irma and her mom about studying the Bible together.  Irmas's dad also agreed to a study............how exciting this is!!

I sent an email to Abby, who sat in on the first consult in July.  Abby's comment was, "I will pray for her and her family."

Today, I also met a young man, Juan, who was found in the street after drinking for two days.  The elders of the church brought him to see us today.  Juan had spent a few days in the hospital after being found and will go back to the hospital later this week to get the results of his exams.

Juan and his wife, Juana, are not Christians but they have also agreed to study the Bible with the elders.  The growth of the church depends on Christians showing concern for people and giving of their time.

When I told Lisa about this situation, the first things she said was, "I will pray for them."

So, if you ask what you can do...........my response would be be, "Please pray for these people."

Irma, her parents, Juan and Juana will have the opportunity to study the Bible and to know what they need to do to become Christians. Satan does not want this to happen.  He does not want them to learn.  He does not want them to know what the Bible teaches.  I pray that they will listen as the elders meet with them.  What is more important than anything, is what the Bible teaches.  May they have open hearts as they hear The Word.  May they know how to apply it to their life.

Please pray with us that this will happen.  I will keep you posted when I hear more.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I too will pray Sheri!!!!