Thursday, August 16, 2012

Wonderful day...........thank you!

This morning, I was awakened by Tomasita, Jaime and Sandra singing at my window.  I recognized Jaime and his guitar but it took me a minute to realize why.  It was very nice.......then came the Happy Birthday song and then I was warned to stay away from the window...............as all of the fireworks and sparklers went off!!  You can still see the smoke in the photo.

Sandra, Maria, Tomas and I went to Panajxit for clinic today.  Enrique was already there when we arrived.  We did not think we would have many patients due to the celebrations in Quiche but we did all right.  We had 8 medical patients, 14 dental and 3 dental cleanings.

We waited until after 1:30pm to see if more patients would arrive, then we drove to Enrique's house for lunch.  Because of the rains, we parked about 10 minutes from the house and then finished on foot. Louisa, is a wonderful cook!  When we entered the house, I saw the pine needles and balloons and said, "Oh, they had a party here!"   I was very slow to realize that it was for me.....very slow.......

We were served a platter of pepian, a special Guatemalan chicken dish.  We had rice, tamalitos, steamed corn and lemonade.  We were talking about how stuffed we were and that we were going to "roll" to the car.........and then a cake was placed on the table!

Earlier in the day, Tomas borrowed the truck keys but I did not ask why.......and then they smuggled the cake to the house and I was oblivious to it all..........

Maria, Louisa, Enrique, Tomas and Enrique's children.  Sandra is the photographer.

Tomas needed to announce a clinic when we finished, so the others of us took a van from Santa Cruz to Chichi. 

It was a very special day.  Thank you to everyone!  When I arrived back in Chichi, Lisa called and asked about dinner.  I asked for a rain-check....sorry, Lisa and Kemmel. We will celebrate next week!

I know how lucky I am and I really appreciate it.  I am very well taken care of.  I could not have a better family.  Sally, Lisa, Kemmel, Sandra and are always there for me. I enjoy working for Health Talents and the work that we do.............it is all good!  Thank you.

Tomorrow, we have clinics in Mactzul III and we have a ladies Bible Class in Mactzul VI. 
On Saturday, Gaspar and I will visit a family in Xepol.  I am really looking forward to this.

Please remember my neighbor in your prayers.  They came and got me on Tuesday afternoon because of her abdominal pain.  After a lot of visits and encouragement, they finally took her to the hospital in Quiche tonight. I am hoping that she will get good care.


1 comment:

Mom said...

Happy Birthday!!!!!