Thursday, August 30, 2012

Rainy days..........

Well, our rains continue..........my local weather- reporter, Lisa, told me that we have had 4 inches more than normal of rain this month.  The winds have blown and the corn is falling.

When we drove to clinic this morning, we saw evidence of the fallen corn.  How sad it is.

We had 22 medical patients in the clinic today.  We saw a wide range of patients.....diabetics, pregnant ladies, post trauma, allergies........and a few other issues.

One diabetic gentleman lost his mother in December and today he told me that his wife died last month.  We talked for a few minutes and then he began sobbing.  It is the most I have ever seen a Guatemalan man cry and it was very sad.  I felt so bad for him but all I could do was listen.   I told him that I would continue to pray for him and his family.  Sometimes, all we can do is pray for each other. 

Kemmel was very kind and brought us our lunch.  We had chicken and tortillas.

In the afternoon the rain fell hard and the wind blew.  This is the corn field behind the clinic during the rain.

Some of the small trees behind the clinic.

The rain was coming off the roof so hard, the water was being pushed out.

Tomorrow, after clinic, Sandra and I will head to The City.  On Saturday morning, we will do the diabetic clinic.  I am looking forward to our time together and time with her family. 

On Sunday, I will go to Montellano and worship with the surgical team that arrives on Saturday with Rick.  It will be good to see people that I know.  Please pray that they have safe travels.  The team will help with the physical needs of the patients and also help in any way possible spiritually.   

No comments: