Saturday, August 18, 2012

Visit in Xepol

Today, Gaspar and I went to Xepol.  We met Tomas and Manuel from the church there and then we walked to Victor's house.

Victor is a young man that started coming to the clinic about 2 years ago and was having seizures every day. He was not able to go to school because of them and he was always in a fight.  His mom told me that his dad was a heavy drinker and did not work a lot.

This is a photo of Victor last year when I gave him a NC cap, after he went two months without a fight.


Today, we were invited to visit Victor and his family in their home. Victor's dad has been rethinking his life and has been talking with Tomas from the church.  I had never met Victor's dad, Tomas, so I was really looking forward to today. When we arrived, they had placed pine needles over the floor.  This is a show of appreciation on their part.

The visit went great!  Gaspar asked me to start, so I thanked them for allowing us to visit.  I told them how pleased I was with Victor's progress.  Then I talked a little about the clinic and how we like to visit with people and see if they had any questions about the Bible. 

Tomas started to tell us about his life, how he started drinking and how he wants to change. He has not had anything to drink for two months and enjoys visiting the church. He has enjoyed the visits from Tomas and other members of the church. We talked about his responsibility as a father, with his six children.

It was a wonderful time with the family. As we began to leave, Gaspar told me that Victor wanted to give me a small animal.  I asked what it was and he told me a chicken.  Man, I hate moments like this. I did not want Victor to think I did not appreciate his gift.  I had Gaspar explain how much I would like to take the gift but I could not because of Nakko.  I know Nakko will eat anything in the yard that moves.  Instead, they gave me a huge bag of apples.

OK, Lisa and Kemmel........if this ever happens again, should I take the chicken and we can raise it in your yard??

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So exciting to see God at work

Anonymous said...

Accept it and we can have the ladies cook it up for lunch at the clinic. :) Or accept and pass on to Gaspar and they would cook it and have it for lunch.

Mom said...

You should have taken the chicken, cleaned it, fried it and then shared it....you know I taught you how to do that!!!! I'm sooooo happy and thankful for this family!!!! God is good!!!!!