Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Clinic in Chutzurob

This morning, we all headed to Chutzurob for clinic.  Sandra and I got the truck, we met Josue and then we headed to Chichi for Manuel and Maria.  We had a good drive.

As we were driving to the clinic we saw a few parties forming in the community.  This is never a good sign but we did alright in clinic.  We had 11 medical patients, 8 dental and 1 cleaning.

This is Chepe and Sebastian.  Sebastian always helps us in the clinics and this is his best friend of 25 years!!  I found this very exciting and enjoyed talking to him and his wife. 

One patient needed glasses today but did not care for any that we had.  He really liked mine so I just traded with him.  He took mine and I took some purple wire frames..............Sandra and Maria told me they look good, so I guess I can be seen in public with them :)

After we were finished seeing all of the patients, Sebastian asked me if we could visit someone in their home that can not walk. When I asked more questions, I for sure wanted to go! 

This patient was only 24 years old and has not been able to walk for two months.  No history of a fall or accident......just became weak and can not walk without a cane. He admits to smoking, drinking and marijuana use, but stopped two years ago.  He has fevers and weight loss but does not know how much.  Considering everything, I really want him to go to the hospital to be seen.  I think his case is very complicated and we will not be back in Chutzurob for a month.  I do not want him to wait another month.  We prayed at his bedside and left the rest to him, his family and God.

He reminded me of a young man that we saw in Chuchipaca a couple of months ago. He had weight loss, memory loss and difficulty walking.  Lisa told me a couple of days ago that he has died.  So sad. 

Tomorrow, we will go to Xepol.........................and see what we can see!!

No comments: