Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Clinic in Xepol

This morning, Josue and I went to Xepol for clinic.  When we arrived, there were no patients but we set up everything and waited.  Tomas was there and he had some good news for us.  He told us that Victor and his family were in worship on Sunday.  He said that the mother is really thinking of also attending the congregation in Xepol. There is nothing more exciting than this!!

We had 10 patients for the day. 

One diabetic patient has not been to the clinic since January.  He said he has been going to a place that uses natural medicine.  Now he is feeling worse and not able to see.  His blood sugar was really high and he has developed a cataract in his left eye.  I am going to see if I can get him into a clinic near where he lives, Camanchaj.  Hopefully, he can get surgery done in October.

We also had another patient with several problems.  His legs had bad circulation.  When I lifted his pant leg, I found a wound from a fall, that happened two months ago.  It was a terrible, draining wound.  I injected him with an antibiotic, taught him how to clean it and also gave him some cream.  He has not been cleaning it with anything.  I checked his blood sugar.  I expected to find it high but it was not.  We will see how he looks next month.

This was a family that came to see us today with general aches and pains.  The husband kept telling me how weak his wife is.  That she has no energy.  Well, they have 7 children and they all live at home.  She cooks, cleans, washes all of the clothing and cares for the children.  I do not think she is weak, she is just tired.  When I asked her how many tortillas she made a day............she said she had no idea and just laughed.

Their son also laughed and played during the whole consult.  He has just learned how to blow bubbles and make noises.........he was entertaining himself!!

Josue drove us back to the highway.  He is doing a good job and I think the more he drives, he understands the responsibility and how he needs to be ready for anything!!

Tomorrow, we will all be in the clinic........................it will be another good day.

No comments: