Monday, August 10, 2009

Saturday in Chuchipaca

Juan called me early this morning before I left the house to ask if he could drive to clinic today in Chuchipaca. I told him sure but just to remember to bring his license.

We had a good drive..........he is doing very well and gaining confidence. Gaspar does not have any interest in driving and that is ok....... but it is nice to see him supportive of Juan. Several times on the way there, Gaspar would say, "Juan, you are a professional driver!"

We had a great clinic of 16 medical patients and 11 patients for dental cleaning. I am always excited when Gaspar has patients. Juan from Chuchipaca helped translate K'iche' for me.

We had some interesting patients. One lady was pregnant and now we are able to test for HIV and Syphilis. Those are the exams that Benita brought for us. Gracias a Dios, her results were negative.

One lady returned today that has some bruised looking areas on her face. I wondered last clinic if it was due to abuse but she denied it. I am still not sure if this is from abuse or not but she told us today that her husband does hit her and gives her a very hard time if she attends worship on Sundays. I also have a feeling that her sons may treat her badly. She will get some lab work done and come back to see us in two weeks.

I want to introduce you to Nako. Nako is the dog that greets me at the door when I return to the house in the evening. Sometimes he will meet me on the other side of the house and run to wait for me under the door.

Nako thinks he owns the neighborhood and loves to get out.

OK, this finishes another week.........................and all is well.............

No comments: