Saturday, August 8, 2009

Choacaman IV

This morning the guys and I had breakfast with everyone before they headed to Antigua. We said our good byes and then headed down the road to Choacaman. As always, it is a little sad when a group leaves but we look forward to their next visit.

I dropped Maury and Martina off in Lemoa at Clinica Carris. I drove Juan and Tomas to Santa Cruz to help Josefina with the clinic in Mactzul II. Gapar and I then continued on to Choacaman IV.

When we arrived at the corn field, the guys were coming down the hill to help us carry our equipment. We had a total of 17 patients.

This couple wanted to know if they were pregnant. I could not tell if they were excited about it or not. They were married in January. When I mentioned that I would take their photo if they would like, they seemed to get a little excited.

This was the first photo.

I said something to them and they laughed a little. I then went and positioned his arm around her neck........ they started giggling and then he placed his hand over her stomach..........what a nice family photo!

In a few months, I will blog their additional family member :)

Tomorrow the guys and I head to Chuchipaca.........................

No comments: