Thursday, August 20, 2009

Clinic in Lemoa

This is one of the flowers in my yard. Tomasita has beautiful flowers.

Today we had a busy clinic. There were 16 medical patients. Gaspar did not have any patients for dental cleanings so he planted three peach trees instead.

Dee and I saw 14 of the patients and then Lisa came and finished while we did a house call. Really, Lisa was there all day with us. I made several calls to her through the day because I was not sure what to do..........but she got me through!

Juan, Dee and I went to see Armando, the young man that needs to use a walker. He has been doing his physical therapy exercises twice a day. I asked him how he feels today compared to the month before he was doing them. He stated that he feels some stronger but not a great deal. We explained that this is normal. We have all reinforced that this is going to be a long process and have encouraged him and his wife not to get frustrated.

Dee and I stopped my the house long enough for the propane man to deliver a tank and propane. Now, I have a washer and dryer........I am so excited.

Dee playing around for the camera.

We walked up to Chichi before the rain started. We talked about having dinner but were not hungry at all. We at lunch today in the clinic and it was very good. Instead of dinner, we stopped and ate a chuchito near the park. They were very hot and very good. I walked Dee back to her hotel and then took a tuk-tuk home.

Tomorrow we will have clinic in Choacaman IV.........................another day, another adventure!!

No comments: