Monday, August 24, 2009

Recap of the weekend

Dee and I left early this morning for Antigua. I had mentioned a physical therapist that I met a couple of weeks ago. Her name is Jennifer and she is working with another clinic here in Chichi. She also needed a ride to Antigua so she went with us.

We arrived in Chichi in time for worship there. Raul preached and his lesson was very good. He drew correlations between people in the medical profession and Christians. Just as a medical person would give the correct medicine for an allergy a Christian has the need and responsibility to teach the gospel. When you see a medical person you want them to act with confidence and the same holds true for a person teaching the Bible. We always need to be ready to answer questions on salvation.

I Peter 3:15-16
But have reverence for Christ in your hearts and honor Him as Lord. Be ready at all times to answer anyone who asks you to explain the hope that you have in you but do it with gentleness and respect, keeping a clear conscience so that those who speak maliciously against your good behavior in Christ may be ashamed of their slander.

Dee in the market buying a few things for her family................if her granddaughter never sees this hat, it is because Dee decided to keep it for herself :)

Dee's flight left early Monday morning so we left the hotel at 0400.........dark and early. After we dropped her off, I was sleeping in the van on the return to Antigua.

When I returned to Chichi, I was ready to use my new washer and dryer and clean my house. When I explained it to someone, they asked, "You attach what to what and drain it where?" So, I thought I would give you a photo.

The washer is connected to the pila for the water source and then drains back out into the pila. The white pvc tubing fits into the pila in the back yard.

The blue hose is running water into the washer. The propane tank is for the dryer.

I am so excited to have them!

Tomorrow is clinic in Chutzurob..........another day and another adventure!!