Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Clinic in Xepol

The guys and I headed to Xepol. When we were driving, the visibility decreased and it started raining. In the 2 years I have been here, I think this is the worse I have seen it. I could see the road but could not easily see the people walking in the road, the bikes or the dogs.

When we got closer to Xepol, Gaspar called and asked if we would be able to get to the clinic. They said we could be able to make it if we used the 4-wheel drive. When we arrived, we were not sure we could make it because of the visibly and rain. It was better not to try it.

I backed the truck up until I could turn it around and then we parked it at a small store. We carried our equipment as we hiked down to the clinic. We had a few patients waiting and eventually ended up with 7 patients.

I took some photos to the patients and they asked for more. I felt like a photographer at Kinderphoto as the mom carried a chair outside, tied her child into chair and then stood behind me as she coaxed him to look our way.

This is another patient we had today.

Even though we had a small clinic it was a good one. The guys asked if we could stop and eat chicken at one of their favorite restaurants............Super Chicken!! The food was good and we enjoyed the time together.

1 comment:

Dee said...

I miss all the fun and chicken...you sure had a captive audience with those kids..:)