Friday, October 31, 2008

Update on yesterday's situation

I do not have a lot of new information to report about the event yesterday. I heard that the person shot did live but no one knows if all the men were placed in custody. I heard that as they ran though the street, they grabbed a child in hopes of preventing the police from shooting.

Today I booked my return flight to Guatemala for January.........unbelievable!!! I had to look at it several times before I continued because the flight prices have dropped substantially. If you are looking for a flight, this may be a good time to book. I was having lunch with a friend today and as we were eating, she received a phone call from her friend who knew she needed a flight to Michigan in December. As soon as we finished eating, she went to the internet to book a flight. She was a quoted a price lower than she has ever had in the past.

Tomorrow is a special holiday here in Guatemala so hopefully I will have some good photos to post.

Let us thank God for a safe day and one of many blessings...........and hopefully a peaceful night.

No comments: