Tuesday, October 14, 2008

A full-time student again..........

OK, I am a full-time student again in Antigua. I am very appreciative for the opportunity to study Spanish for six weeks. I was so excited last year when Lisa and Kemmel suggested that this might happen...........and here I am. I am lucky to have the same teacher I have had in the past and she is doing well.

I am staying in a hotel near the school. It is huge and really looks more like museum than a hotel. My class starts at 8am and finishes at 1pm. It is a private class so I have to talk more than I like to.......but I guess that is important for learning a language :)

Yesterday, I told Juliet that I want to get more comfortable reading The Bible aloud. It is written in vosotros form which is not spoken here. She told me to bring my Bible and we would start reading it. Today, she read Matthew 9:35-38 and we talked about it. Then she wanted to read Psalms 23.

She told me part of my homework for tomorrow was to memorize a verse and then be able to explain it to her. I asked if I could memorize it in English.............I got one of those looks. I then told her I would memorize John 11:35, "Jesus wept." hmmmmmmmm.........she told me to stop setting traps.......I am glad she has a sense of humor. We we spent some time looking through the Bible and talking about different verses. She asked me if we could start our classes with prayer starting tomorrow...........she also invited me to a devotional in the morning at 0730.

The school is packed with students from all over the world and it is very interesting. During the week there are different activities you can participate in but I use most of my time studying......but on Friday they are going to hike up a hill to an area where there are some crosses. I have heard it is a beautiful view of the volcanoes so I will do that.

Here is the last photo I took at the clinic last week. I have heard that everyone has returned to The States and is doing well. Gracias a Dios.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This picture is really nice. Now, please put one in of you and your spanish teacher:)