Wednesday, October 1, 2008

The rains came UP and the rains came Down!

Sorry for the delay in blogging......Tuesday was a day of class and today we had clinic in Mazctzul VI.

Harriet and Valari are here for two days interviewing students for possible scholarships. I talked a little with them last night and will return to Chichi for dinner tonight. One thing I really enjoy about Health Talents is getting to know some wonderful people and being able to see them from time to time. I have seen Harriet every year for 3 years now and just met Valari last night. We know some of the same people in OK so I feel as I know her a little........don't worry, we only talked about nice things :)

The big news is the rains still continue. Remember the children's song about the flood?? The rains came up and the rains came down?? Well, today I actually saw the rain come up! One of the man-holes in the street was erupting from so much water and pressure below.


We are continuing to run across many land slides as we drive to clinics. I had a few good photos but accidentally deleted them :( The river are running over and the fields are flooded. Every afternoon it rains for almost 2 hours very hard and then again during the night. Many fields for corn have fallen over from the rains and soft ground. Gaspar told me that at one time the corn was strong and marching on and then it got tired so now it is resting.

Today in Mactzul VI some of our regular patients returned. The one family that lost their son a few months ago is still struggling. When I talk to this mother, I have a very difficult time. I can not imagine the pain and feeling of loss that she has. She is unable to sleep, eat and struggles every day. Please offer a pray for her comfort tonight.

No comments: