Thursday, October 2, 2008

Busy, busy day........and lovin' every minute of it!!

This morning we all met at Clinica Carris for clinic and it was a great day. These are two photos of mudslides that I can across on the way to clinic. The amount of rain is amazing and the ground is saturated. As soon as a slide is cleaned up, more mud falls with the next rain.


Harriet and Valari are continuing to do their interviews today in Chichi for the scholarship program. Aura, our dental assistant has her interview at 3pm so I offered to drive her to her interview if we finished with patients in time.

We had 17 medical patients and 15 dental patients. Gaspar and Maury both helped me with translation today. We had a good combination of patients. We found a lady with a hernia that hopefully will have an opportunity for surgery in January. There was a family that had a bad case of scabies that hopefully will be feeling better soon. There was also one lady that had several problems and is very unhealthy. I gave her some medicine, did a pap on her and encouraged her to come back next week. I explained to her husband that as sick as she has been, it is going to take awhile for her to feel better but I hope to see some progress next week.

With four more patients to go, Josefina knocked on the door and told me that if I would help Marcos that she would finish seeing the patients. This was an odd request but I said, "Sure." I found out that one of his patients had lost some blood during a procedure and he wanted the patient to have some IV fluids.......so, the guys helped me and we got an IV started on her and she was soon feeling better.

It was a busy day but I loved it. We finished in time for me to take Aura to her interview. As we were sitting on the side of the road waiting to go through an intersection, a Gallo truck clipped the back of our truck. Of course, NO police and NO one to see it.......or to admit they saw it :( Fortunately, no damage was done.

I returned to Chichi in the evening to talk to the ladies about their interviews and was pleased to hear all students had arrived for their appointments. Marcos and I had dinner with them in the evening and it was nice to have some time together. Danny, was also here for the two days helping them with the translation.

They leave in the morning for their flight home and I pray they have a safe return.

No comments: