Monday, October 20, 2008

Another day of Antigua........

It was another busy day and full of adventure. It is a holiday so the streets are full of people since many did not have to work today. The side of the park has several stands of people cooking steak, chicken, pork, tortillas, corn........it smells very good.

During my 30 minute break today I took my laundry to be washed and just picked it up. She does a great job and on the average it is $1.00 a day.

This lady is supplying me with my Diet Coke in the evenings. She begins to reach for it as she asks how many I want. The place which is equivalent to our Kentucky Fried Chicken and is called Pollo Campero. If I buy a Diet Pepsi, I can use their internet service until my battery dies. They have removed all of the electrical outlets since I was here before :(

As I said, today is some holiday.....something about a revolution. These girls were selling ice cream in the park ........
This is one of the historical buildings near the park..........
and these girls were finishing their horseback ride.
Juliet really piled on the homework for tomorrow. After class I ate a quick sandwich and returned to the school to study for 3 more hours..........I do not think I will sleep much tonight. I have 10 pages of homework to finish......including writing a story in past-tense. I also need to write 25 sentences applying the past-tense formula and be prepared to read a chapter from Psalms and be able to explain it to her. Hmmmhmmmmmmmm........guess I need to head back to the room..........good night :)

No comments: