Sunday, October 19, 2008

Antigua is full of tourists.......

This morning I walked through the park on the way to worship. Some of the streets are blocked off on Sundays for the tourists. Bible class and worship lasted for about 2.5 hours and then I walked to the park to find something to eat. Yes, I love the street food. I ordered a plate of grilled steak, radish salad, fresh guacamole and 2 tortillas for $1.50. What a deal!!

This is the arch in Antigua. The history is very interesting of how the arch was built for the nuns so they could cross the street in the early mornings.


The streets are full of people selling their goods, musicians, artists painting the arch and excited tourists with their cameras.
This is one of the big Catholic churches near the park. It is huge and there are some small ruins behind it. The other day I saw a man and a lady having a discussion on where to visit next. She was pulling his arm toward the Catholic church and he was pulling her across the street toward the park..........
He was stronger than she was.......so he won the "tug of war." I then saw what had his attention in the park..........the fountain is very pretty and draws quite a crowd.
Classes begin in the morning..........I hope Juliet is ready for my questions :)

No comments: